Sv. Mikalojus Benediktiniu Baznycia
St. Nicholas Benedictine Church
The Gothic church was built in the 15th century as a parish church. It was given to a Benedictine convent in 1627. The building was repaired in 1655 and enclosed by a massive brick wall in the 1700s. In the early 1800s the convent produced silver liturgical accessories, vestments and other items. Church and convent closed in 1948 and the church was used as a library. It was returned to church use in 1990 and reconsecrated in 1992. The church was returned to Benedictine nuns in 2009.
Click each picture to enlarge