by Kristen Rabideau
Use these pop-up scenes with St. Nicholas paper figures or peg dolls. Print watercolor scenes or black and white to color as desired. The assembled scene folds flat for storage. Make St. Nicholas a young man, as he was in the dowry gold story, or an Eastern or Western bishop.
Scene with paper young Nicholas
Young Nicholas, Eastern Bishop Nicholas, Western Bishop Nicholas
Scene with peg saint
Scene with peg saint
Bright white cardstock (8½ x 11-inches)
Color Ink Jet printer
Crayons, markers, watercolor paint, colored pencils, if using black and white scenes
Glue dots, roll-on adhesive, or tape
TO MAKE SCENE
• Cut-out scene background straight across on the black line at the bottom and again across the top of the design
• Fold the scene in half
• Cut out scene base
• Fold the base in half, picture side out
• Fold the two tabs up
• Put the base inside the folded background, with tabs on the outside; secure with glue, glue dots, or tape
• Press creases firmly on a flat surface
• Let dry, if needed
• Open to use—to make the base stay flat, bend crease in the opposite direction or use a small piece of tape, or adhesive putty to secure to play surface; peg dolls are heavy enough to hold the paper down
TO MAKE ST. NICHOLAS FIGURES
• Cut-out figure (figures are easy to cut out, as there aren't any parts that stick out or, to make it even easier, young children may just cut out the rectangles around the figures. Do not cut the solid line at the top of Saint Nicholas' head.
• Fold saint in half at the top of his head
• Fold the tabs in at the bottom, forming a "saint triangle" to stand up
• Secure tabs with glue or tape
PDF files to print:
PDF file: Color scene
PDF file: 3 figures
PDF file: Young Nicholas
PDF file: Eastern Bishop
PDF file: Western Bishop
PDF file: B/W scene
PDF file: B/W 3 figures
PDF file: B/W Young Nicholas
PDF file: B/W Eastern Bishop
PDF file: B/W Western Bishop
"St. Nicholas Saint Scene" is from Kristen Rabideau's printable, pop-up Saint Scenes for your Peg Doll Saints and printable, stand-up Saint Paper Dolls. Eight scenes match up with these ten saints: Francis, Bernadette, Nicholas, Cecelia, Patrick, George, Juan Diego, Our Lady of Lourdes, Pope John Paul II, and Our Lady of Guadalupe.
More information and pictures.
Purchase files to download from Drawn2BCreative.
Tips for accurate PDF printing:
For Adobe Reader 7.0
In the Adobe Print dialog box, check these boxes:
For Adobe Reader 8.0
If you are having trouble printing, try clicking on "Advanced" then "Print as Image."
For older versions
In the Adobe Print dialog box, make sure the boxes for Shrink oversized pages to paper size and Expand small pages to paper size are NOT checked. (In some versions the option is Page Scaling: NONE, click to find Fit to pages and Shrink large pages.)
• If you're having trouble downloading the file, right-click on the image and choose "Save target as..." to save it. Then open the PDF with Acrobat Reader and print it following the above tips.
By Kristen Rabideau Drawn2BCreative. Used by permission.